Monday, May 4, 2009

Egypt online community?

Hey everyone;





I'm not sure if anyone will actually reach this question but any feedback would be great.





I'm an Egyptian American %26amp; now moved to Egypt to work.





I'm about to design a new website %26amp; hope to build the biggest online community Egypt has ever known. At least that's what I hope :)





Having seen the success of myspace, I hope to make a similar success but I don't plan to copy it. Of course I can gain from good ideas from here %26amp; there but since I plan to build this website based on "What people want" my question is %26amp; I hope the young people would help me through this;





What do you think would be the best features to include in this new website beside networking %26amp; profiels etc. that would make it different from any other site %26amp; would draw more people to it???





Let me know what you think ;)





Mazzy

Egypt online community?
Probably not what you want to hear, but.....





Have age specific groupings (under 10, 10 - 12 preteen, 13 - 15 young teen, 16 - 18 young adult, over 18 adult.)





Make everyone register with a credit card and a nominal fee (maybe 3 Egyptian pounds - about 50 cents U.S.) I think this might help cut down on predators (dirty old men posing as young girls, etc.) and would also get parents involved in what their children are doing.





It's going to be difficult to NOT copy the best of MySpace, Orkut, Friendster, etc. I mean, you're not planning on using the WORST of these sites, are you? :-) So use their best ideas, throw out the worst, and incorporate things that would appeal to the culture and ethnicity of the Egyptian people and maybe even people in surrounding countries. A little ethnic diversity and "koom bay ya" hugging and hand holding never hurt!





plrr

dr teeth

No comments:

Post a Comment